Friday, March 16, 2012

Movie Review-----JACK AND JILL

When JACK AND JILL ended after 93 minutes, Troy said something so riddled with profanity that if I quoted it here, my fear is that tomorrow I would no longer have a blog. Needless to say, he hated every second. Now, I freely admit that sometimes if I am in the right mood, even the stupidest comedy makes me laugh. I have openly laughed out loud at several less than stellar comedies and JACK AND JILL was no exception. Is it bad? Oh yes. Is it sometimes cringeworthy bad? Absolutely. Did I find myself snorting with laughter? At lest thru 85% of it. Adam Sandler plays both title roles. Jack and Jill are identical twins who come together for Thanksgiving. Somehow Al Pacino gets involved....yes THE Al Pacino who is actually pretty funny playing himself. There's bathroom humor galore and cameos from Bruce Jenner, David Spade, Norm McDonald, and Johnny Depp. Katie Holmes has absolutely nothing to do as Sandler's wife. There is not much to recommend this movie. But in the same vein, I laughed a lot. But again, if someone farts on screen, I tend to crack up. If someone falls down a flight of stairs or walks into a wall, I tend to giggle uncontrollably. So....consider your source.

No comments:

Post a Comment